[left empty for service template]
Maybe you find yourself:
- Afraid of rejection or confrontation
- Doing more for people than they do for you
- Not standing up for yourself
- Agreeing to do things you don’t want
- Feeling taken advantage of or unappreciated
- Not sharing your true opinions or feelings
- Secretly angry, frustrated, or ashamed
- Putting in a lot of work to get people to like you
How I Help With People Pleasing
It’s important to admit when people pleasing is a problem. Together, we then identify the components that make it up. We might ask:
- What are the situations where you commonly fall into people pleasing?
- What type of people trigger you?
- What are the series of thoughts and underlying beliefs that encourage you towards people pleasing?
- What emotions are connected?
- What would happen if you were more assertive?
When we have a clear model of your people pleasing struggles, we are able to use techniques to break it down. This creates a new, more personally powerful and fulfilling way of responding. We utilize assertiveness training as a framework for acceptable, respectful behavior. We use this in combination with updating the thoughts and feelings that drive the people pleasing behavior.
Take the First Step
You can grow and become more assertive and self-confident. Take your first step forward today.