[leave blank for services template]
Maybe you find yourself:
- Quiet or self-conscious in meetings
- Not pursuing new work challenges
- Afraid of failing
- Having trouble delegating tasks or managing others
- Wondering why it’s so hard to connect with coworkers, when everybody else is doing it
- Feeling left out
- Thinking that you’re not living up to your full potential
How I Help With Social Anxiety at Work
We can alter the treatment to apply specifically to social anxiety in the work place. This is one of the most common areas where people struggle.
Firstly, we identify the source of the fear. Together, you and I identify the components that make up your social anxiety at work. We ask questions like:
- Are you overly self critical? Do you believe you have serious flaws?
- Do you think that people at work notice when you’re anxious or when you screw up?
- Do you assume they are judgmental or have really high standards?
- Do you tell yourself you have to perform unreasonably well? Do you worry that you won’t be able to teach those standards?
- Do you assume the worst?
- Do you tend to avoid challenges?
- Do you get stuck in your head and worry a lot?
When we understand what’s causing your anxiety, we can use proven strategies to help you overcome it. The treatment steps involve gaining control of attention, updating unhelpful thinking, and facing and succeeding in feared situations. If we can prove to your anxious brain that the situations are safe, your anxiety will drop.
Let's Get Started
Over the last 15 years, I’ve helped many people conquer their social anxiety at work. This has commonly led to increased success at work, and in their personal lives. This problem is treatable. Take a step towards a more confident life today.